Projet Intégration Sociale des Enfants Handicapés en Milieu Scolaire (PISEHMS)
Projet Intégration Sociale des Enfants Handicapés en Milieu Scolaire (PISEHMS) (academic mainstreaming) (project for the social integration of differently-abled children within the academic mainstream)
School-based child care staff support
- Technical information (funding, allowances, entitlement, etc.);
- Documentation and information on handicaps (autism, dysphasia, developmentally-challenged, physical, visual, hearing, etc.);
- Implementing appropriate method;
- Supporting cooperation between parents and child-care providers, including meetings on the intervention plan;
- Observing the child and identifying his or her needs, as well as strategies to ensure maximum development. Training workshops;
- Customized training;
- Training on disabilities, adapting activities, awareness-building, intervention plan, etc.
Of special interest: Services are free and a copy of their publications is given to parents and school-based child care services.
Topic Area: Education, support and information for parents
Source/Organization: Community action program aimed at children and parents at risk (PACE). Subsided by the Canadian Public Health Agency. Not-for-profit organization.
Geographic Focus: Québec
Language: Bilingual (French and English)
Purpose: Aimed at all school-based childcare services in Quebec that can or already do accommodate one or more children, whatever their needs. Provides these services free of charge (support, training and awareness-building) to improve the quality of community li
Date reviewed: January 2013