May is Speech and Hearing Awareness Month
May is Speech and Hearing Awareness Month, the one month in the year when thousands of professionals involved with the treatment of speech, language and hearing disorders come together to participate in a public awareness campaign that encourages early detection and prevention of communication disorders, and seeks to increase the public's sensitivity to the challenges faced by individuals experiencing them.
Throughout the month of May the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA) and our more than 5,500 members - speech-language pathologists, audiologists and supportive personnel across Canada - will be hard at work raising public awareness concerning their professions and the many issues surrounding speech, language and hearing disorders.
How Can you Celebrate May Month?
- Download and Print May Month Materials
Material for use with local promotions/media. Includes media release, publicity tips, celebration ideas, ad mats, public service announcements, assorted fact sheets and feature stories, poster, activity sheet, clip art sheet, photo gallery and much more.
- Encourage your clients to enter our May Month Kids Contest
- Celebrate Swallowing Awareness Day on Monday May 9th! Check out all our great resources!
- Check out the Celebration Ideas Flyer and take the May Month Challenge
- Check out the May Coming Events Calendar for events and activities being undertaken by your colleagues across the country to celebrate May Month.
Add your event to the list!
- Check out our May Month Publicity Tips for hints on how to handle the media
- The CASLPA Merchandise Catalogue has great promotional items to help you celebrate May Month. Order online or from catalogue included with January Communiqué.
- Submit a complete report on how you celebrated May Month so we can highlight your activities and photos in the July issue of Communiqué.
ENJOY THE CELEBRATION!!